We’re delighted to announce that the International Open Data Charter has been shortlisted for the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Prizes 2016 under category 18, ‘International and Regional Cooperation’. The prestigious WSIS Prizes are a global mechanism to evaluate and reward efforts towards ‘promoting the use of ICT-based products, networks, services and applications, and to help countries overcome the digital divide’.
Now, the Open Data Charter would like to invite you to vote for this initiative and help us promote the Charter as a mechanism to promote coherence, collaboration and impact through Open Data across the world. We’re honoured to have been shortlisted. With your support, we believe that winning the award could be a significant milestone on our journey to unlock the benefits of open data for social and economic progress around the globe.
Here’s how you can help:
- Go to the online voting system
- Register and sign in with your username and password
- Go to category No. 18 ‘International and Regional Cooperation’
- Vote for the International Open Data Charter
- Don’t forget to review and vote in the other 17 categories, or the vote will NOT count
Vote now and help strengthen Open Data as a driver of a global transformation of the Information Society towards sustainable development.