The overall objective of the Report is to provide a comprehensive review of data ecosystem in the perspective of emerging data revolution. Based on this review, the Report also aims to identify common problems challenging countries and propose action plans applicable in the regional context, hence ultimately to support data stakeholders in Africa in meeting new data demand from SDG and Agenda 2063.
Specifically, the Report seeks to:
- Capture the current situation of data ecosystem […] in Africa based on the in-depth country assessments. This review will serve as baseline against which progress of data revolution could be monitored in subsequent publications;
- Identify data communities in the selected countries for country assessment and areas for existing/potential cooperation; deliberate on the ways how to gear the data ecosystem components to create a more conducive environment for the partnership;
- Analyze the new SDG data needs and new data sources to identify the data gaps;
- Share good practices of data revolution and take stock of innovations, and
- Promote the coordination role of National Statistical Offices in the data ecosystem