Next steps and call to action
This beta version of the Agriculture Open Data Package (AgPack.info) was launched in December 2016 at the Open Government Partnership Summit. In 2017 and beyond we hope to build on the first version of the package by covering further sub-sectors (e.g. fisheries), deepening the different key data categories and their descriptions, improving the standards and interoperability, and adding new policy perspectives and use cases to inspire and acknowledge progress of open data in agriculture.
We invite policymakers, agriculture specialists and members of the open data community to:
- Add your comments on the beta version of the Agriculture Open Data Package (available at http://www.agpack.info/).
- Adopt the Open Data Charter. Become a champion of the Agriculture Open Data
Package, and be involved in shaping future versions of the resource.
- Host national and local-level consultations to landscape your national agriculture data infrastructure, define your policy perspectives, and plan your open agriculture data strategy.
- Prioritise relevant government agriculture data for release based on the 14 recommended data categories and sample datasets contained within the Package.
- Contribute your use cases to the Package
Send comments and use cases to email@example.com. Feedback on this document can also be made via the Open Data Charter Resource Centre. The GODAN Secretariat and network can provide support to governments that are working to put the package into practice and look forward to hearing from you.